Westboro Baptist Church

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
Eric T

Re: Westboro Baptist Church

Post by Eric T » 05 Feb 2012, 08:27

I consider my-self a hardcore Christian conservative and for any non Christian readers I'd like to say that Biblically what they do is much worse than anything they protest. I kind of think maybe they are not Christian, but possibly intentionally trying to turn people against Christianity. Ohh and I know that we're not supposed to make religious comments so if this crosses the line please delete it, and it won't happen again. It's just anytime someone talks about these nutjobs I feel like it's my responsibility to scream "THEY'RE NOT ONE OF US", and if someday for some reason I drove by WBC and noticed a very suspicious unmarked box-truck that wreaked of fertilizer and either I'd just keep driving.

FNtacticalNUT
custom title: GOOD ole VIRGINIA

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 06 Feb 2012, 12:48

Right On

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 06 Feb 2012, 19:11

I'm pretty sure it is accepted by all Christians and non-Christians that the only similarities between Christianity and these nut jobs is the name they go by contains some commonly used words in Christianity... and like I said, they're nut jobs.

firestorm248
Gold Member

Post by firestorm248 » 06 Feb 2012, 21:03

Eric T wrote:I consider my-self a hardcore Christian conservative and for any non Christian readers I'd like to say that Biblically what they do is much worse than anything they protest. I kind of think maybe they are not Christian, but possibly intentionally trying to turn people against Christianity. Ohh and I know that we're not supposed to make religious comments so if this crosses the line please delete it, and it won't happen again. It's just anytime someone talks about these nutjobs I feel like it's my responsibility to scream "THEY'RE NOT ONE OF US", and if someday for some reason I drove by WBC and noticed a very suspicious unmarked box-truck that wreaked of fertilizer and either I'd just keep driving.
Believe me, even non Christians know these people are nutjobs. I do doubt they do this to specifically turn people against Christianity, I think they believe this crap they spew. They(the Phelps family) disowned their own daughter because she questioned what they do.

TackKS

Post by TackKS » 08 Feb 2012, 12:17

They are the shame of Kansas.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 24 May 2012, 17:29

Apparently a national news agency (forget which) is showing the various ways Memorial Day is celebrated around the country. They've done this for a few years & this year it is Pocatello's turn. Every year we put on what is called the Field of Heroes (http://idahofieldofheroes.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) & the news agency is going to be filming that.

I just heard that wbc is in town & going to protest it. If they are, it is not on their schedule & I don't see anything in the news yet. Looks like I might end up going after all, will see if any extra bodies are needed tomorrow :ponder:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 30 Jul 2012, 16:11

Zombies are good!
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/zo ... 13653.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Westboro Baptist Church had recently announced that it would be holding one of its protests outside the Joint Base Lewis-McChord in DuPont, Washington. But last Friday, the controversial group was met with a far larger group of counterprotesters—dressed as zombies.
The event [facebook] page received such a positive response that the zombies outnumbered the protestors by a reported level of 300 to 8, the News Tribune reported.
News video on this page
http://www.kirotv.com/videos/online/wes ... age/vc3xK/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 01 Aug 2012, 21:28

I know that the 1st Amendment gives them the right to be idiots.
I know that the Christian thing to do is to turn the other cheek.
But why does my gut tell me that these asshats need to have Evel Knievel's evil cousin...Ku Klutz Knievel- jump them with a steam roller??
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

texag

Post by texag » 29 Aug 2012, 23:30

These guys were set to protest a military funeral on campus on July 5th, the officer killed in the Fort Bragg shooting is an Aggie, class of '92. Call went out and a group of students formed what was dubbed the maroon wall. There were just under a thousand ags at the church and the cemetery along with the freedom riders (at least I think that is what they are called). Hate to derail but thousands more will stand and answer here for him at muster this April when his name is called. The school may be a cult but its a good cult.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 02 Feb 2014, 09:46

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 20 Mar 2014, 11:02

http://news.msn.com/obits/anti-gay-past ... ps-sr-dies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fred Phelps Sr., the founder of a WBC, who blamed almost everything, including the deaths of AIDS victims and U.S. soldiers, on America's tolerance for gay people, croaked Wednesday @ midnight at the ripe age of 84.
For those who didn't like the message or the tactics, Phelps and his family had only disdain. "They need to drink a frosty mug of shut-the-hell-up and avert their eyes," his daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, once told a group of Kansas lawmakers.
Funny how he couldn't take his own medicine. If he & his had such disdain for what other people do, why didn't he & his "drink a frosty mug of shut-the-hell-up and avert their eyes"?

Thank God for dead bigots!
Wouldn't it be nice if the nation showed him the same respect WBC showed to other people at funerals?
BBQ & an outdoor rock concert seems fitting.

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 28 Mar 2014, 23:07

Me thinks that such a high concentration of losers in one place just begs for a grenade.

Mike

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 01 Apr 2014, 11:33

Vortec MAX wrote:Me thinks that such a high concentration of losers in one place just begs for a grenade cruise missile.

Mike
FIFY

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 26 Feb 2015, 00:55

Genius!