NFA misery

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
Litehiker

NFA misery

Post by Litehiker » 02 Sep 2015, 11:34

OK, I need $200. and an NFA app and a L O N G wait for a short barrel for my PS90
AND the same for a suppressor for my rifle for long range competition AND for every extra suppressor I want.

Perhaps, just PERHAPS, I can see the need for an NFA for a SBR but for a suppressor can??? WTF? In gun anal Europe they encourage suppressors for hunters so they don't disturb the population.

Next I suppose the BATF & E will want an NFA for night vision and thermal sights, and after that for illuminated sights. God forbid

The NRA needs to get its act together and:
1. Campaign for federally approved GUN SAFES mandatory for ALL firearms owners (This is a no-brainer NRA. Wake up!)
2. Campaign for no NFA for suppressors
3. QUIT being a shill for the Republican Party and any old Republican running for election. Be discerning about whom you support. (Quit the inflammatory rhetoric against Democrats. Just be factual and rational. You're sounding shrill at present and it's wearing thin.)
4. QUIT opposing universal background checks for firearms (but oppose any record keeping AFTER the background check)

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: NFA misery

Post by panzermk2 » 02 Sep 2015, 14:48

"Next I suppose the BATF & E will want an NFA for night vision and thermal sights, and after that for illuminated sights. God forbid "

You do know the Obummer admin is pushing for that?
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 02 Sep 2015, 15:16

It's not really that long of a wait anymore. Maybe 2 months for the SBR, 5-6 tops for the can, as long as you're going with a trust. I got my From 1 in 32 days earlier this year.

O blah blah is going after anything and everything just so he can put one W in his column for the 8 years. He's been the biggest failure, good or bad, this nation has ever seen. And the best AR salesman...

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 02 Sep 2015, 15:34

DoubleJ wrote: And the best AR salesman...
:thumb:
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 02 Sep 2015, 17:15

It's not so bad, set up a trust and start filling out forms.
كاف

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 02 Sep 2015, 17:16

Moved to the politicking section.
كاف

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 02 Sep 2015, 17:37

Litehiker wrote:
The NRA needs to get its act together and:
1. Campaign for federally approved GUN SAFES mandatory for ALL firearms owners (This is a no-brainer NRA. Wake up!)
4. QUIT opposing universal background checks for firearms
Woah, I missed these two in the OP. Mandatory gun safes means mandatory keeping your guns in them, I'd rather not have to run my combination while I'm being shot at, after running up a flight of stairs, into bullets...

Universal background checks is just another foot in the door for Hillary, we got them in CO recently, care to guess how much crime has dropped due to that law? Criminals don't buy guns from gun stores you know.

This ain't mother Jones.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 02 Sep 2015, 18:23

Wouldn't mandatory safes also be effectively levying a tax on gun owners? Similar to the whole mandatory insurance just because you own a gun?

Spend $500 on a gun, mandatory gov regs cost you another $400+ on an "approved" safe. Gov makes guns cost prohibitive, they win.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 02 Sep 2015, 18:26

Nah, cause a good safe is super cheap...especially after it's required federal approval

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 03 Sep 2015, 13:52

I generally oppose anything with the words "mandatory" and "federally approved" in it.
كاف

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Sep 2015, 13:58

Good plan
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 06 Sep 2015, 12:12

The only safe I ever owned was an electronic pistol safe.
I never kept a pistol in it, just 22LR ammo when it started getting scarce and my kids wouldn't stay out of my stash.
Guess what failed and the manufacturer (Remington) swore they never built? Yup.
Guess what I cut into with a metal blade and a sawzall and got all my crap out of...in about three minutes.
Safes are useless unless you build a vault and use it to store collectibles or plan to be away from home for an extended period.
Just my opinion, but I'm sticking to it.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 06 Sep 2015, 17:43

Safes are a great deterrent for dumb criminals or crimes of opportunity. Keeping thousands of dollars worth of guns in your closet, they can just be picked up and walked off with. At least with a safe, they're gonna have to decide whether the work is the worth the surprise, and if they're slow, dumb, or incompetent (about 77% of humans I believe) maybe they'll still be working at it when I get home, and then the surprise definitely won't be worth the risk.

That being said, if a pro really wants what's in my safe, I'm sure he'll get it, and before I get home. Not much you can do about pros though, that's why they're not in jail.