New final ruling issued on Bump Stocks

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
snakedoc7

New final ruling issued on Bump Stocks

Post by snakedoc7 » 29 Nov 2018, 11:55

Looks like December of 2018,Bumpstocks will be classified as full auto if this memo is correct.
Interesting.
Here is quote that pretty much sums the memo up. I also listed the link if anyone wants to read it.

Statement of Need:
This rule is intended to clarify that the statutory definition of machinegun includes certain devices (i.e., bump-stock-type devices) that, when affixed to a firearm, allow that firearm to fire automatically with a single function of the trigger, such that they are subject to regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and the Gun Control Act (GCA). The rule will amend 27 CFR 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11 to clarify that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns as defined by the NFA and GCA because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgen ... =1140-AA52

Lesau

Re: New final ruling issued on Bump Stocks

Post by Lesau » 23 Dec 2018, 19:34

Amazed that no one is discussing this since it is now law effective March 1, 2019.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 23 Dec 2018, 20:34

I've been told the NRA was the one who gave this concession up. But also, I don't use bump stocks.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Lesau

Post by Lesau » 23 Dec 2018, 21:13

Neither do I. Will be interesting to see how many are ever turned in. Not sure what evidence will be required to prove destruction of one. I guess I have always been surprised that they were deemed to be legal.